1) Girl in the Moon by Everly
2)"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to
hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart,
that's true strength."
3) I'm grateful for music. In many ways, music touches deeper and has the ability to soothe more completely than anything else.
Okay so I know it's been a very long time so let me do a quick update on my life and goings on. I'm still nannying for a wonderful family who are expecting twin boys this spring!! It is definitely going to be a learning experience but I am very grateful that I started out working with multiple little ones at a time. It makes me feel a little more confident about my abilities. I also just finished another Christmas season working at Things Remembered. It was very tiring but I guess it comes with the season.
Right now though, I feel like I'm at a loss for words...I put together a couple ideas but deleted them both and I realized that everything I want to say, I have been scared to say for a very long time. If there is one thing I have learned from this past year, it's patience. Patience with every aspect in life. But mostly patience with myself and my shortcomings. There are changes in my life that I am trying to make, but I get so caught up in changing everything that I get overwhelmed and eventually discouraged. I love that part of the Serenity Prayer that says "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, And the wisdom to know the difference." Change is a tricky thing when it comes to personal renovation. Anyone can make a list of everything they hate about themselves but if you took that list and crossed off the things you cant change and just let those go, how many would be left? And is it harder to change the things you can or accept the things you can't?
With 2013 just beginning, I took an opportunity to take inventory of the past year. Just trying to figure out the good and the bad and things I would change. There are many things I've learned from the past year but by far the biggest is that it takes more strength to accept situations that you can't change. There were so many times that I wanted so bad to change what I was going through or what someone else was going through and it took loosing a very important family member to remind me that even the worst case scenario has a lesson to be learned or a certain amount of strength to gain. Someday we may know the whys and why nots but for now, we need to get as much out of every minute as possible. I know when I look at my life and all of the different things I am dealing with and moving through, it's so easy to get caught up in the things I don't like when what I really need to do is be grateful for them. It's through these things that cause pain, I am able to be a stronger person.
So looking into the next year, I hope to be able to accept my shortcomings with patience and understanding, but also make some changes and achieve some goals. I hope all of you are having a wonderful beginning to the new year and i will try to write again before 2014 :)
*Make good choices and to hell with the rest of 'em*
No comments:
Post a Comment