1) Memory by Sugarcult
2) I am grateful for my challenges
3) "Many of us crucify ourselves between two thieves - regret for the past and fear of the future."
Hello friends!! Not much of an update to give except for that I am still alive and haven't melted just yet :)
Seriously though...There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think to myself "I am so glad I moved here" I think this is the first thing I have done that I am 100% satisfied with. Not to say everything is perfect here. I am having anxiety issues again and am a little lonely but the negatives are heavily outweighed by the positives.
So I have a couple rants....
Lately I have heard from multiple sources one or more of the following "I don't know much about life", "Im not sure about life", "I'm just trying to figure out the meaning of my life and what I want" or something like that. Maybe it's just me but it seems like if you spend all your time trying to define or decipher what "life" is, it seems like you are missing the point. Life is defined by experiences and relationships and opportunities. And if you pass up opportunities because you are trying to figure that out then you are letting your life pass you by. Life will still be confusing if you move through it. You are not going to get any further...or any happier by standing still and figuring it out. Life is for living....not necessarily defining.
On another note...I had an epiphany tonight. I went to go see The Green Lantern tonight with my family and it was almost an enlightening experience. With all of my experience with fear, if I could embody it and give it a face it would look exactly like Parallax. If you haven't seen the movie he is this dark, sprawling figure that has tentacle like arms. And the whole idea is that he uses fear to prey off of victims. They talk about how fear is one of the most powerful of emotions, second only to one. Will power. The only thing that can overcome our fear is our will to act. Fear creeps into our minds and tells us lies and that our will is not enough, that we are weak. Fear is deceptive and sneaky. But our will never lies. We cannot have more will than we are capable of producing. Often times the only reason we are afraid is because we don't feel we have the will power yet to face the situation. If people would only give themselves a little more credit, we would see a different society completely!
So there is my spiel (sp?) for now and I just want to say that Life is crazy. And I'm so done waiting for everyone to figure it out. I am going to live it. Understanding that my will power is endless as long as I believe it to be.
Peace out girlscouts!!
No comments:
Post a Comment